Friday, October 1, 2010

Godchild

     What's more exciting than a new baby in the family?!  Two years after their wedding, Raeann and Tom welcomed baby Tommy!  What a beautiful boy.  My husband and I were asked to be the godparents.  Immediately I started looking through my AS&E magazines for a special Christening outfit and found a couple of possibilities. 

     Raeann finally decided on a romper from issue 71  "King of Diamonds".  It is a beautiful silk smocked  romper with corded pintucked collar, leg, and sleeve bands.   It was done in white silk dupioni with white silk floss.  I added a touch of blue to the smocking.
     There is also a coordinating sleeveless coat that feautures shoulder tucks as well as corded pintucks on the lower edge.  I lined the coat with china silk.  Not sure if I was going to have enough time to sew the coat, I kept it a secret.  I did end up finishing it, and gave it to her as a surprise for the baptism.

1 comment:

  1. What a stunning christening outfit! The coat makes it formal for the ceremony and practical for the reception. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete