Monday, June 10, 2013

Madeline's First Communion

Maddie recieved her First Communion on May 4, 2013.  It really was a beautiful day!   I just can't believe she is already 8 years old.  Time is going so fast.  After searching through all of my AS&E magazines she, with the help of her sisters, finally decided on "Young Love" from issue 55.  She liked it because it didn't have a collar, I liked it because it wasn't a fully smocked bodice with bullion roses.  :)


Anyway, I did it in white silk dupion with lots of mill hill seed beads and pearls; more than the pattern called for.  It really was a pleasure to make.  And she looked beautiful in it.  The headpiece also had to be made since the ones her sister wore just didn't suit this dress.  I simple plastic comb wrapped with tulle was beaded with the same beads as the dress; lots of them randomly sewn on one by one.  Took all day, but it turned out just perfect.  Her veil was made with Diamond White Glimmer.  I was so happy to see how well that dress suited my little Maddie.



2 comments:

  1. Your daughter looks preciously beautiful in the adorable dress you made for her! Congratulations on her first communion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elegant and simple--beautiful!!! The satin band on the skirt is perfect. You have made a wonderful dress and memory for your daughter.

    ReplyDelete