I finally finished Lucy's dress despite severing my right thumb tendon just a couple weeks before the big day. Thankfully I only had the hem, buttons, and veil to finish.
The dress is "Angel" from AS&E issue 88. It is Bearissima with a silk organza overlay, smocked with 3 different size pearls and trimmed with ribbon. The veil is a double layer of tulle finished with a rolled edge using one strand of rayon thread and two strands of Accentuate (to give it a little sparkle). I purchased the wreath headpiece from JoAnn's.
Matthew and Luke were altar servers at the mass which made it even more special. It was a beautiful day with friends and family!
Below is a slide show of the day.



I am so impressed with your handiwork !!
ReplyDeleteI am just starting to make this dress I hope that I can make it as well as you can !