I am currently working on a First Communion dress for my daughter Lucy. I have already made one for my oldest daughter, Mary. She received her First Communion three years ago. At first I thought I would use that same dress for all my daughters' First Communions, but then, because of the encouragement of a good friend, I decided it would be nice for each girl to have their own to pass down in their own families.
Mary's dress is "Pure of Heart" from AS&E issue 77. It is a beautiful dress with silk ribbon embroidery, pearls, pintucks, hemstitching at the collar and sleeve bands, and smocking at the waist. There was a lot of hand work involved with this one, so it took me a while to finish. Her veil is a headband with silk organza attached.
Hi Nadine! This communion dress is absolutely gorgeous! I can't wait to see the next one!!! I saw your message regarding the veil and I am using a "tiara" headband thing that I bought when I visited NY a couple years ago. I found it at Pacific Trims for a good price ($15), and I'm going to add the tulle veil via a comb placed directly behind it. I'll be blogging about it soon... Good luck, I'm looking forward to seeing your finished product!
ReplyDeleteThis is lovely. What an inspiration!
ReplyDelete--Mary, over here from patternreview.
Lovely and beautiful dress for first communion! You should have posted your 1st holy communion invitations too.
ReplyDeleteThe details you did on this dress are just gorgeous. You've created an heirloom.
ReplyDelete